wheres the best place to dive in Ontario??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Scuba446
DivingGal,
Aren't the only real shore entry dives in A-Bay?

???????

I'm not familiar with "your" side of the river, so I can not help you out with A-Bay sites. I would know only those listed in Chris Kohl's books.

Have you tried talking to your LDS -- and to other LDSs in the area?

The only places I've been in ontario so far are the conny and the roth, and Lock 21.. I've only been diving for about a month, and I am sure as time progresses I'll get addicted to charters and leave the shore dives for during the week.

ahhh. there is nothing better to do after work then spend an evening splashing around the connie. Lock 21 is a bit of a drive for me :wink:

Art

In the last 10-12 years we've dove from the Kingston wrecks to the Powerhouse...and man, it's tough to just single out one area. I think the most beautiful place to dive is around Wellsley Island. Vickery, Oconta, Cirtwell...found a beautiful night drift dive under the bridge. As far as wrecks go...the Brockville area is one of my favorites. Daryaw, Lily, the King, Muskie.....and of course..the Keystorm. Love the Eastcliffe Hall, and the area of the locks and the powerhouse down near the dam. And the Wolfe Island area, with the run over to the Marsh or the Wolf Islander. Aw man.....I'm only 5 hours away and the weekend's coming.....

So many sites....so little time....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom