Where's the best spot to get lobster's in the gulf of mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look in gaps under things... lobsters like to shelter under rocks, debris, coral heads, etc. Sorry I don't have any specific regions to offer.

In the GOM??

Either way south by down by Marquesas or way north by Panama City Beach.

You still would be better and have a shorter ride by going to the east coast of FLA. Better hurry, we may lose or be restricted for all lobstering in Florida soon.

http://myfwc.com/marine/workgroups/workshops-SpinyLobster.html

The Gulf of Mexico has never been lobster central, but we used to get several every summer & fall, and they weighed 5 lbs to 10 lbs each.

Lately it's been Goliath grouper central and the spiny lobster count is way down.

On the FL left coast you go spearfishing with the hope you might come across a bug.

Chad

I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but...
WHY WOULD I TELL YOU???
E :D

Chad Carney:
The Gulf of Mexico has never been lobster central, but we used to get several every summer & fall, and they weighed 5 lbs to 10 lbs each.

Lately it's been Goliath grouper central and the spiny lobster count is way down.

On the FL left coast you go spearfishing with the hope you might come across a bug.

Chad

I agree. The number of Jewfish has risen to the point that anything they feed on is being wiped out. I have seen this on the East Coast and in the Keys.

On the West Coast of Florida it is my understanding that you have to go quite a few miles off shore to find ledges that hold Lobster.

TOM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom