Which BC is better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM462432

Reaction score
Hello to all.
Which BC do you guys think is better?
ScubaPro RecTrek or DiveRite Transpac?
Also, which one can be used for light technical?

Thanks for your comments
Cheers

The Rec Tec is actually an older model of the transpac that SP picked up when they bought Seaform, the OEM. The TP is lighter and more compact. The intersection of the shoulder straps and the waist strap is easier to adjust on the TP. Also, Dive Rite makes all sorts of accessories for the TP, not all of these will work with the SP.

Either BC is intended for technical diving, according to their manufacturers. The TP has been popular with technical divers for years. Your mileage may vary.

What is the RecTrek? Is that the same as the S-Tek?

Sorry for the silly question, but I went to ScubaPro's website and they don't show any RecTrek.

Thanks,
David

Do a search for the S-Tek and X-tek and you will probably find that the Trans Pac II is the prefered model. You may also want to take a look at the Matrix from Deep Outdoors. I just bought one and can't wait to dive it. It is a very nice product, but so is the Dive Rite.

This all depends what you want to use it for are you just rec diving or are you into tec and if not what do you plan on doing. In my opinion buy the best and plan for the type of diving you plan on doing in the future. Are you diving with single or double tanks and are you using stage bottles. I would recomend Dive Rite I prefer using there SS backpack and wing with there deluxe harness.

I'd go with the Dive Rite, for two reasons:
You can get more and better accessories, and in my experience they have by far the best customer service of any scuba manufacturer. (Certainly better than my experience with Scubapro/Uwatec). They actually know all their products, care about them and their customers, and don't mind answering any questions concerning them. As for extended range diving, I slip the steel backplate between the transpak and it's backpad. That way I dive the bc I'm accustomed to, fairly comfortable at that, and have the added stability.

What do you mean bby 'light techical' :D

If you intend to go into technical diving, you'll probably need training for it... and depending which training agency you choose, some of them would probably states the equipment required for your training course.

For example, GUE states specifically you need a backplate, wing, and a host of other equipments.

So you may have to take this into consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom