Which books to read next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Nonfiction please. Barns and Noble doesn't have anything else for me. I read The Last Dive, Deep Descent, and I'm now reading Fatal Depth. When my buddy finishes Shadow Divers, I'll be reading that next. Are there other good ones out there?

i really enjoyed The Sea Hunters from Clive Cussler (only CC book ive ever read). real stories about NUMA research and discoveries

ive just orderd Shadow Divers Exposed... apparently its a interesting read

some aussie ones i can think of:

Stokers Submarine.... about an aussie sub back in WW1 that actually broke thru the turks at Gallipoli, how it was scuttled and the lives of the crew. only as at last month it was haviing an aussie exploration crew and doco team diving on it as it was only re-discovered in the past 10 years (VERY exciting for us)

White Divers of Broome... about the white australia policy and how they tried to beat the asian pearlers out in the early 1900's in northern western australia (and failed dismismally :D)

Not about diving, but "Dangerous Waters" is about sailing the Malacan Straight and the piracy that occurs in this area by John S. Burnett. Very interesting.

Some non-fiction I have enjoyed recently (listed in order of my preference):

Caverns Measureless to Man by Sheck Exley
Submerged: Adventures of Americas Elite Underwater Archeology Team by Daniel Lenihan
Descent into Darkness: True Story of a Navy Diver by Commander Edward C Raymer
The Cave Divers by Robert Burgess
Beyond the Deep: Deadly Descent into the Worlds Most Treacherous Cave by Bill Stone

Good to see some other titles listed that I wasnt aware of... I'll be picking those up soon for sure!

I've read the Exley, Burgess and Stone books listed, and they're all good reads.

Couldn't put it down:

51J4CDSG3ML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Other must reads:

51GB3A3KNWL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

and for the real story:

51mbu2KCHnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Dark Descent: Empress of Ireland by Kevin McMurray (same author as Deep Descent: Andrea Doria).
and I just got Deep, Dark and Dangerous: On the Bottom with the Northwest Salvage Divers by Rebecca Harrison
so I dont know if it's any good yet...

Helldivers' Rodeo is one of the funniest nonfictions I have read. You'll find the truth about those triggerfish there!!!!

Back
Top Bottom