Which brand of WA lens for my C5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to be careful when threading the WA adpater on to the housing. Look carefully at the housing threads and the adapter. Put a spot of white paint on the housing ring and on the adapter, showing where you want to start turning. It will become easier with use.

I found that I used my lens adapters a lot on the 5050. I really miss the ability to change "lenses" underwater with a dslr.

Settings? It's been a couple of years since I shot the 5050. I was using S, A, and M modes for the most part. One tip, when shooting a water background, preset (in S or A) or adjust f-stop/shutter-speed (in M) EV = -2.0 for darker blue.

Last edited:
You have to be careful when threading the WA adpater on to the housing. Look carefully at the housing threads and the adapter. Put a spot of white paint on the housing and rind and on the adapter, showing where you want to start turning. It will become easier with use.

I found that I used my lens adapters a lot on the 5050. I really miss the ability to change "lenses" underwater with a dslr.

Settings? It's been a couple of years since I shot the 5050. I was using S, A, and M modes for the most part. One tip, when shooting a water background, preset (in S or A) or adjust f-stop/shutter-speed (in M) EV = -2.0 for darker blue.

Great Advice with the spot. I will give that a try.

H4L, yes, practice or no practice, I've found it similarly difficult to thread underwater, more so in California where water's cold and I have to wear gloves. Obviously it's not as hard to do in warm, clear, calm water. Just the same, I'm always worrying about cross threading it and ruining the threads! I'm already a little worried about ruining the threads due to weight, but nobody else has had issues with that yet, so I worry less on that one.

The Inon UWL-100 lens arrived today. I ordered it from Divervision.com Even after the $30 shipping, they still had the best price. That lens is heavy. I can't wait to use it in Fiji next month.

DB,

I also have a WA lens for the 5050 (The Inon as well as another make who's name escapes me right now)

Just a little tip for you. When you are shooting full on wide angle ie: Camera set to wide angle. You will want to bring that setting back one notch. Leaving it full WA with the WA lens on will leave you with a lot more noticable distortion/darkening in the corners of your images.

Try a few practice shots with the camera in the housing around the house yard. You will see what I mean.

Have fun in Fiji and I'm looking forward to your shots.

Back
Top Bottom