which drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a personal Diving Concepts horror story...

My custom DC suit didn't fit right either, and when I contacted them they blamed it on the measurements, and wanted to charge me a bunch to fix. It was just too short in overall length, but was really only an issue when I tried to reach back to touch my valves. Still I ended up going through a bunch of tech classes with hating valve drills.

I should have pressed them to re-cut it, but I guess I'm too easy to accept what I have.

I also watched a guy order a custom Bare suit, and between the back and forth arguing, shipping, etc, it took him TWO YEARS to get it fitting right.

A suit must fit well to really be enjoyed. And believe it or not, "custom" suits often do not. Which is why the six of us like the Fusion. :wink:

I have only had a DUI SS 450 suit and can only comment on it. My first one was a cave cut which I will never do again. It was impossible for me to reach my valves and if I gained a pound or two (or 20) then the suit was beyond a nightmare. I enjoyed it at the time and tolerated the cave cut constriction, but since my days of staying the same size are behind me, the regular custom fit is perfect for me. I have had nothing but good things to say about my current DUI suit. Very durable. P valve is a MUST!! The undergarments will make a difference. I did not get the rock boots. It does dry relatively quickly. I also got the zippered pockets (I think they are bellows) on the side with I think are a must. I had velcro pockets before but the velcro would open up and things will spill out. This was before they put a D ring in the pocket.

All of the SB talk about White's drysuit has piqued my interest, but for now I am happy with my DUI suit.

IMHO first of all you have to calculate you money.
Of course i want buy TLS350 but now i'm using Typhoon ProSport suit. Do you know why?:
In Russia Typhoon cost $800
DUI TLS350 cost $2900
:wink:

And i don't understand how such expensive suit have so unreliable seals. (I heard from many people who using DUI that they have to replace seals 'cause of they (seals) degradation )

Just an update. I've had funds redirected to family illness, birth of grandchild, holiday events and numerous other money tree sapping events . I am still looking and reading and evaluating so keep the opinions and advise coming. I did try a hollis drysuit which was interesting. Anyone have any experience with those?

I dive an off the shelf Scubapro Everdry 4 dry suit it works very well for me and I find it very comfortable, its slow to dry though being compressed neoprene. It was reasonably cheap and the construction seems bombproof.

Without any hesitation buy a whites fusion.
Unfortunately here in UK they are distributed and branded by Scubapro so they cost the same amount in pounds that you can get the in the States in $ basically 45% more expensive. Which means I can't buy one.
Who designed that suit is a genius and I believe that will also lower greatly the amount of weight you need to go down.
All the rest of the dry suit look just old fashioned compared to the WF

It is also very durable and has survived well over 100 dives with no leaks or noticeable wear with a larger percentage of those dives being cave or wreck penetration dives. I would not have had the same leak free success with any trilam.

I put that many dives on an Evo2 this year with no visible wear on the suit at all and its Trilam.

I put that many dives on an Evo2 this year with no visible wear on the suit at all and its Trilam.

Agreed, toughest suit on the market. Perfect for cave divers, mine has I think 180 cave dives and still looks new. And that was giving it some abuse.

Without any hesitation buy a whites fusion.
Unfortunately here in UK they are distributed and branded by Scubapro so they cost the same amount in pounds that you can get the in the States in $ basically 45% more expensive. Which means I can't buy one.
Who designed that suit is a genius and I believe that will also lower greatly the amount of weight you need to go down.
All the rest of the dry suit look just old fashioned compared to the WF
Living in UK is the best way to buy Typhoon, am i right? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom