Which Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at getting my first suite this month. I am pretty sold on Henderson (have their hood and gloves, love them) but which one. Im looking for a 3mm for mostly warmer diving, however ill use it with a shorty when it gets colder. I do not want an insta-dry, later on down the road ill get a thicker insta-dry for real cold diving. What advantages does the gold core have over the hyper-stretch? Is is warmer? I know the hyperstretch is well - stretchy, but that is of no concern to me, I rather the warmer of the two.

Gold core is warmer...hyperstretch is easier to put on (but it gets too loose IMHO).

Cheers.

-J.-

I have 3 Henderson suits: a 3mil full for Caribbean and Florida, 7mil full for cooler than 75 degrees and the Florida caves (I'll admit it, I'm a wuss), and a 3 mil core warmer to wear under the 7mil or 3mil for those dives where I really need that extra warmth and don't mind the extra lead. I love them all! I also have a 5mil and 3mil hood.

I wouldn't recommend wearing a shortie with a full suit. I found it too binding around the shoulders and underarms. The sleeveless core warmer under a full suit allows my arms to move freely and I don't feel like its cutting off the blood circulation.

I have not tried the gold core yet, but Henderson products, as you've found out already, are an excellent choice.

Whatever you decide, be sure to support your local dive shop by purchasing your suit from there.

Good luck and safe diving!

Wearing a thick suit I love my hyperstretch. It is soo easy to put on. Each size fits a wider range of people.

That being said hyperstretch isn't as warm as other suits. Also they wear out quicker. My hyperstretch is a year old and has less than 50 dives on it, and it looks like I've had it for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom