Which is the best "Wreck Dive" in Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nivek Llekots

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I'll be in Aruba for a few days at the end of June and hope to do a couple of dives whilst I'm there.:D

Can anyone give me a recommendations regarding the best "Wreck Dives" on the island?

Also who are the best dive operators to use, for the dive?

Thanks in advance!
Nivek

I was there in the middle of May and dove the Jane Sea, Debbie II and the Antilla with Romeo Croes at Native Divers. The Antilla has collapsed upon itself and is basically rubble. The Jane Sea sits upright with the prop visible at about 90'. None of the wrecks compare to the Spiegel Grove of the Vandenburg in the Florida Keys but are still fun and worth the dive. Interestingly enough the weather in mid-May was unusual for Aruba with little wind and what wind was opposite from the tradewinds Visibility was 45' and water temps around 78 F.

Romeo has a stand between the Marriott Ocean Club and the Surf Club. I dove three days with him. Two days he picked me up from the beach in his small boat. The other day were went out in his other boat which is docked on the backside of the airport. There were no more than 6 divers on any of the trips.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom