Which island has the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By reputation, the best diving in the Caribbean is usually regarded as being in Bonaire, Belize and Little Cayman. I am not 100% convinced reputations are all that - there is some excellent diving elsewhere (Turks, Saba).

Equally there is some Caribbean diving that frankly, is just not that great in relative terms. I am not going to name names because you just get flamed (I usually get a good flaming for just vaguely hinting that BVI diving might be better than USVI diving).

For the record, I haven't dived everywhere, but I'd put the BVI in the top 3rd of Caribbean diving destinations. But probably towards the bottom of the top 3rd.

Out of all the islands in the Caribbean, which one has the most life? And the least damaged from all the cruise ships and tourists?

Thanks.
Bonaire is the best for scuba diving in the caribbean. And The local people are friendly and the price's low. No risk of hurricanes. I live there and like it so much...

What about Barbados, I was there twenty years ago. Friendly people, nice beaches, diving??

Cozumel would not be in my top picks, now. When I dove there initially in the early 80's - much better. I like LC and Bonaire. Tobago was certainly interesting and most of the time the only diver around. Headed for the Belize outer atolls this year. I've dove Ambergeis Key and it's ok. Saba topside is one of my favorites, and the diving of the pinnacles is a must. St. Lucia is also fun, but I really like walls.

Cozumel would not be in my top picks, now. When I dove there initially in the early 80's - much better. I like LC and Bonaire. Tobago was certainly interesting and most of the time the only diver around. Headed for the Belize outer atolls this year. I've dove Ambergeis Key and it's ok. Saba topside is one of my favorites, and the diving of the pinnacles is a must. St. Lucia is also fun, but I really like walls.

If you like walls you like the Caymans.

However the wall at Brac starts a little deep for most.

At this moment there are a lot of eagle rays and turtles in the waters of bonaire. The teparature of the water is 29 centigrade.:blinking:
Stay with us an we make you a nice offer. Hope to see you soon. or send a tweet

Kind regards Sonja

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom