Which island has the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One exception to RobinT's post is the east end of Grand Cayman island.

That will work for you. The rest is spot on!

. I mean which area in the caribbean has the most fish and reef life? Also nice sandy beaches, not jagged volcanic cliffs.

That would be Provincialies (sp), Turks and Caicos, Provo has Grace Bay which is one of the nicest beaches we've ever seen, nearly no beach at Bonaire.

Grace Bay
Image009.jpg

Diving with Fifi (Caicos Adventures)
Image056.jpg

Near west Caicos
Image017.jpg

I'm going to go with:

Curacao
Grand Cayman
Virgin Gorda

Although all three have both nice beaches and ironshore cliffs. Most areas there's shorediving it's easily accessible though. Not much shorediving off VG but they have some of the nicest beaches.

I'm not as experienced as others on the board, but in my limited experience Dominion Republic was terrible (at least in Punta Cana), and Roatan was amazing.

I'm going to go with:

Curacao
Grand Cayman
Virgin Gorda

Although all three have both nice beaches and ironshore cliffs. Most areas there's shorediving it's easily accessible though. Not much shorediving off VG but they have some of the nicest beaches.

I'm not aware of any cliffs in Grand Cayman, now if you mean Cayman Brac then I understand as those cliffs on the east end are beautiful

Image116.jpg

Image103.jpg

My recommendation would be Bonaire. The reefs are in excellent condition and it offers some of the best shore diving in the world. Strap on your kit, walk-off the dock and you're there!

Little Cayman has spectacular drop-offs, Cozumel nice drifts, Andros fantastic Blue holes for the Caver, Turks & Caicos, St. Lucia, and the out-islands of the Bahamas have their charms, but I'd have to cast another vote for Bonaire; you won't be disappointed!

I've got to suggest Saba. Beautiful island both topside and below the water. No cruise ship problem because they don't have a harbor large enough for them. No beaches though. Well, they do have a black sand beach about the size of a football field, but it comes and goes depending on the last storm :wink:.

And the dive ops there are first rate. We've used Sea Saba, and they really make your trip a great experience.

I've got to suggest Saba. Beautiful island both topside and below the water. No cruise ship problem because they don't have a harbor large enough for them. No beaches though. Well, they do have a black sand beach about the size of a football field, but it comes and goes depending on the last storm :wink:.

And the dive ops there are first rate. We've used Sea Saba, and they really make your trip a great experience.

Saba is my next dive trip locale!

Back
Top Bottom