Which island would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our honeymoon will be on the Carnival Victory, going to the following islands:

[snip[
St. Thomas
[snip]

for the above island, St Thomas, a cruise boat stop in my opinion wouldn't be very fascinating... when you get off the boat, there are "rows and rows" of "Mini storage wharehouse" looking buildings that are full of shops. mostly tourist stuff you really don't need. Then there is another shopping district downtown that is similar but a normal street.

In my opinin, unless you take an island tour, a water/sailing tour, or go sit on the beach or something, there isn't that much to do or see unless you want to shop. so this would be the perfect island to do some diving while on your cruise.

Thanks for all the information, everyone. It doesn't help us decide at all :wink: :rofl3:

No, seriously....we have 8 1/2 months before we go on our cruise, and obviously a lot of time to plan. I'm so consumed planning the wedding right now, that for once I am not obsessing over the cruise ports and what to do! (VERY unlike me!).

Anyways, we would love to somehow do at least one dive on Dominica and still see a waterfall....maybe we can figure it out, but it might be too much to try and squeeze into 6 hours, not sure.

As for St. Thomas, we will actually be figuring out some sort of tour to take us to St. John. I've been to St. Thomas before, but not St. John. I'm sure we'll do some water and beach activities that day.

I think for individual port information that is NOT diving related, you'll prob find better info on the cruise critics forum. it's something like cruisecritics.com or .org

As for St THomas, I almost suggested St John but wasn't sure if you'd have time.

If you get a ferry direct from Charlotte Amalie, I think it's about a 45 minute ferry ride to St John. If you take a cab to Red Hook (10-15 minutes I think) then you can catch the ferry to St John from there and it's only maybe a 5 or 10 minute ride over.

I'm a big fan of Cruise Critic. They do have a diving/snorkeling board too. It's mostly centered around the Eastern & Western itineraries, but maybe there is some good info hidden in there.

Anyways, thanks to everyone again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom