Which island would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

christygobar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I am mostly a SB lurker. I did a search but didn't see a thread, so I thought I'd solicit opinions.

I am a OW certified diver who dives primarily on vacations only - so because it is not often, I am happiest and comfortable in shallow waters with pretty fish & coral. My fiance is also OW certified. Our honeymoon will be on the Carnival Victory, going to the following islands:

Puerto Rico (leaving from)
St. Kitts
Antigua
St. Thomas
St. Lucia
Barbados
Dominica

We are only going to dive one island (*maybe* two), to keep costs at bay. From personal experience and reading the comfort levels above, which islands do you think would be the best? I just saw the trip report below with the same itinerary - so we will definitely research some of those dive ops down the road :)

I have done some dives in St. Lucia and snorkled St. Thomas and Barbados before if that helps! But I also know there are so many other things to do on these beautiful islands. The only island I have never been to out of the itinerary is Dominica.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!!

I would do Dominica. Although that might also be the best location for a topside nature type excursion as well.

My search terms should have been a little more specific, huh? :rofl3: Thanks for pointing those out.

And yes - Curacao is beautiful!! I loved it. I look forward to going back someday, and also to Bonaire :)

I'm headed to Dominica in 2 days. Guess where I'll suggest.

Too bad you can't dive 'em all.

Looking at your itinerary & preferences and knowing that some of the piers are far from the best dive sites (meaning it's likely that you'll see the lesser sites) on several of these islands, I'd say...if only one....make it Dominica.

I would do Dominica. Although that might also be the best location for a topside nature type excursion as well.

Ditto, Dominica

But, it would be a shame to miss the Island tours to the Waterfalls, Hot springs etc.

Oh oh oh oh, come to Curacao and combine it with Bonaire. LOL

But seriously, do consider us as your next dive destination.

Don

that is EXACTLY what id do actually. Definately our plan for our next trip.

Ditto, Dominica

But, it would be a shame to miss the Island tours to the Waterfalls, Hot springs etc.

Also to note, St Lucia has waterfalls (on the diamond estate and the piton falls at Jalousie) and hot springs (the sulphur springs) as well. As a suggestion, you could dive dominica and do the waterfalls/springs in St Lucia.

HTH

Lottie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom