Which mask pattern?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDunbar

Registered
Reaction score
Owners of the YS-90DX strobe and PT-015:

What mask pattern did you use on the Olympus PT-015? Did you use the pattern that was included for the PT-012 or did you come up with your own?

Sea & Sea really needs to update their mask patterns that they send out with their strobes!

I sort of made my own, or I should say I customized the one I was given. I made the curve a little deeper and lengthened both ends so more of it would grab the hook part of the velcro......aw hell, it's hard to explain. If you'll PM me with your snail mail, I'll trace it and send you a copy.

I may have answered my own question. Upon further reading of the Fiber Optic Cable instructions, I see a pattern which I think will work for the PT-015 -- at least the picture looks similar.

Funny, I thought it would be on the Mask Patterns page -- silly me. (It probably "reads" better in Japanese.)

Dee:
I sort of made my own, or I should say I customized the one I was given. I made the curve a little deeper and lengthened both ends so more of it would grab the hook part of the velcro......aw hell, it's hard to explain. If you'll PM me with your snail mail, I'll trace it and send you a copy.

Thanks, Dee. Actually with the pattern I found, your words of wisdom actually make sense.

I wasn't sure how the camera's diffuser fit into the picture, but the mask just wraps over and around it.....right?

If things don't work out (and I'll cut out a paper pattern first to try it out), I'll let you know, and I'll gladly accept your pattern.

Be sure to try the paper cutout on for size before you cut the patch. Mine was just barely long enough to cover and get a good grip top and bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom