Which one to get ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

… Btw Akimbo, what are you currently diving with?

SangP

It depends a lot of the type of dive. For Scuba, it is one of the very early production Oceanic Omega regulators. It is a conventional balanced flow-through first stage with a pilot operated demand valve and side exhaust second stage. It was given to me for evaluation 25-30 years ago.

Thanks Akimbo,

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the D400 (which I had 2 of them) a pilot valve design?

Somewhat unfortunate that scubapro decided not to continue the development of the D400 cus it breaths beautifully in almost any position.

Anyway, a pilot / demand valve? Sounds like a cross between a Poseidon and a D400.

SangP

Affordable, totally reliable and smooth. There really isn't a need for more expensive regs unless you want the bling factor.
SangP

I'll second SangP.

As for getting your reg serviced, I did a search in Apeks' site, and found this. You've got a dealer locally, so no worries:wink:

Kaza

Back
Top Bottom