Which pool is better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, probably a pool with shallow and deep end is an ideal way to teach. The reason I asked my question is that my club do not have access to such a pool. One of the pools is half shallow half about 10 feet deep. It is not enough. The second pool is about 18 feet deep. It also has the shallow end but it is usually occupied by the competitive swimmers. The different classes take place in different pools and there is a big difference in how they have to be conducted.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it is possible to get community centres or other such public facilities to rent a single lane to you, which will meet your training requirements AND allow the swimmers to do their thing in the other lanes.

Since your info indicates you are in the Toronto area, you will find that the City and surrounding area(s) have a good network of these types of pools. It's a matter of taking the time to track them down & speak directly with the facility manager about getting the lane. Sometimes if your club offers scuba training to their staff, they are more likely to work with you on pool time.

Alternately, you may want to look into pools at hotels or private clubs, especially the latter.

BTW, the 10' pool IS adequate in which to do a confined water training.

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom