Which rechargeable AA batteries??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just thought of ANOTHER question, do you folks use the Eneloop charger or a different one, or would it matter???

The better chargers that can be used with the Eneloop batteries are:

Amazon.com - La Crosse Technology Alpha Power Battery Charger, BC1000 (The best one for breaking-in batteries)

Amazon.com: Maha Powerex MH-C808M 8 Cell Multi-Charger for AA/AAA/C/D: Electronics (Bulky but very good)

Amazon.com: Titanium Smart Fast 16 Bay Ni-MH AA/AAA Battery Charger AC 100-240V + DC Adapters MD-1600L: Electronics (I use this one when traveling)

Amazon.com: Powerex Maha MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr PRO AA/AAA Charger: Camera & Photo (second best)

This is the one I'm considering to get... unless convinced other wise. I really like how many can be charged at one time... and a lot of good reviews too.

It charges 16 batteries at the time. No issues with it at all. I'd also get this charger since it does a better job in breaking in batteries in addition to the one you mention:

Amazon.com - La Crosse Technology Alpha Power Battery Charger, BC1000

As for chargers, I don't like to travel with a charger that charges more than 4 batteries at at time (I take 4 of them). I have seen too many times (and loaned too many chargers) a big 8 or 16 battery charger fail with no backup.
Bill

OK.... it appears that Eneloop may be the winner. I should have included this in my first post now I have a question of memory. Will the Eneloop batt's need to be run completely down or can they be recharged with differing levels of power without building up a memory?

Some good info here:- Battery Memory Effect - What it is and what you can do about it - altho I'm not so sure if I'm not more confused having read it ..... !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom