Which Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stayed and dove at the Occidental Grand in January. Terrific beach, 2 pools, buffet food was good, 2 reservation only restaurants were great. Dive Palancar was very very good. Night dives M W F, Sergio and Alberto (DMs) very good. Dove all of the southern reefs plus Punta Sur/Devils Throat. Nitrox was always 32% and fills were right at 3000. I'd highly recommend both of these, and am trying to get a trip together to go back in October.

We're just back from the island and a stay at the Palace. I posted a separete thread with some photos, but a quick comment here seems warranted as well. For an AI, the food is varied and quite good. We were offerred selections off of the menu (great lime soup!), and the staff put together a special off-menu meal for us one evening - at their suggestion! My wife enjoyed the spa services as she is a non-diver, and my daughter (14) who dove with me enjoyed the pool activities and entertainment. We're not big drinkers, but a fancy single malt irish coffee, top-shelf cocktail or shot of agave juice available on your whim is very nice. The fully stocked fridge with cold water, soda and juice is nice as well. We were able to walk from the hotel all over town and shop. For us, it was a great choice. To each their own, and everyone enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom