Which size shall I buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more question:

I am going to buy a pair of SeaSoft Stealth size 8, will it fit Force-Fin Pro Large?

Polyrandom, size large is fine, but if your feet are on the wide side you might be happier with the extra large with the comfort instep. Have a good weekend. Best bob

I have received my Force Fin Pro today!!!!! Yellow ones :)

The only problem is, I had thought that my feet is not wide (yeah, my feet are pretty small). However, the front part of Seasoft Stealth is a bit wide and can not clear the pocket. I am not sure what is the best fit for Force Fin, is it possible for anyone to post a photo with shoes inside Force Fin that fits? Also, as I know Force Fin Pro should come with the bungee strap. But the one I have doesn't look like what I thought. If possible, is it possible for anyone to tell me where I can find a clear picture of the bungee strap?

I am pretty eager to wet them but I must make sure the size as if they get wet I cannot do an exchange.

All the Force Fin models have the option of coming with a Nylon heel strap or a bungie heel strap. It just depends how you order it.
If you order one option you can always change the heel strap by ordering the different kit down the road. Take a look at this thread as it has some photos and info that will be helpful.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/239101-force-fin-fitting-question.html

maybe this will help
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Sorry for my bad drawing. In this picture, if I wear Force Fin with bare foot, my whole foot will almost on the fin, it looks like condition 2.
However, if I wear my shoes with Force Fin, it looks like condition 1 because I cannot put the widest part of my shoes through the pocket.
The pictures you show me are in bare foot. So is it possible for you to tell me, if you wear force-fin with shoes, will it look like condition 1 or condition 2?

Attachments

• fit.jpg
    fit.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 79
To truly take advantage of the design of Force Fins and utilize its patented features your heel should not stick out more than an inch and a half and the molded foot pocket should really be resting on the middle of the arch of your foot. The pictures in this post are a great reference.

Usually if your Force Fins fit your perfectly when you are bare foot they will be small when you put them on using boots, That is one reason you size Force Fins for the largest boots you will be using.

For example I size my Force Fins for my Drysuit ( my biggest boot ) then I use a comfort instep
instep_product when I use my wetsuit boot and then I will put 2 inserts to use them for barefoot if I want, but I size my Force Fins for the biggest boot I will ever you use and then put a comfort insert in when I am using a smaller boot.

I was hoping in seeing how the foot pocket rest on my foot in the best position, you could see how it should fit, doesn't matter if I am in boots or barefoot, the fit must be the same, you see in the yellow fins (foils) I have the comfort instep inplace but not on the black fins (Pros), since the Pros are a size smaller. I will try and get some more photos tonight and show a couple of different angles.

I believe the best fit will occur when the ball of your foot (widest part) should slightly beyond the front of the foot pocket.
Alternately, imagine a pair of dress shoes with laces, the 5 lace hole kind (ie wing-tips), the foot pocket should rest in the same place that the laces would be.

Back
Top Bottom