Which strobe to buy for sony nex5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,
I am new at underwater photography. Currently I am using sony nex 5 and I love taking macro shot. I am thinking of buying either ys01 or ys02. My questionmis does nex 5 support S-TTL?
Thanks in advance

what does the s in s-ttl mean?

I have a nauticam and nex-5 with inon z-240, works well, using it with optical fibre connection as well

Think it stands for slave. So it is firing off a preflash of a camera or could be from another strobe

What kind of budget are you working with for a strobe and are there any features in particular you're looking for? There's a wide range of strobes available from something as simple as an Intova ISS 4000 to a higher end Ikelite DS160.

I have decided to buy the inon z240 and ultralight package, all for usd 980. I am thinking to invest in a good strobe hopefully it will last ke a long time

240 is really good. i have one with ultralight arms, does an awesome job. the focus light is really convenient too, i sometimes use it as my primary dive light for night dives lol.

Is the 1 strobe setting for. z240 powerfull enough for wide angle picture for nex with its 16mm wide angle?

thats a good question.
I think it is, mostly on full dump or max exposure on the strobe.
obviously two strobes is better, but having the right settings on the camera will make up for most.

Back
Top Bottom