Which wetsuit for next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you are doing double charters you might also want to pack your 3mm to wear on top.....4 dives a day, for 4 days, you can get a bit cold...unless your name is ScubaDrew :oP

I've been comfortable diving a 2mm compressed neoprene drysuit with shorts & t-shirt underneath.

I've been shivering when diving a 3mm full-suit, and I don't get cold easily.

This is off Maui -- our bottom temps are in the 73-75 degree range right now.

Kris - You got your drysuit? Cool ... or warm actually :wink:

Aloha, Tim
"Cozy" is a perfect term. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right.

Only one thing I don't like -- doing surface skills (e.g. IDC rescue practice for 4 candidates) was causing major foot cramps, from what I think was a suit squeeze. Not much I can think to do for that -- I already had two pairs of socks on trying to prevent it, and it's the lowest part, so adding more air doesn't do anything. :(

Good to hear, I'm starting to think about picking up a Fusion from Whites from all the reviews I've heard (Only problem I had with my drysuit was the mobility issue, which this one apparently resovles)

All in due time ...

Aloha, Tim

Hmm Im thinking I may just have to pack the shortie and wear it over the full suit.

I dove with them last weekend while on a 3 day layover. Definitely take the 3m.. water temp was 72 for my 2 days of diving

if you are doing double charters you might also want to pack your 3mm to wear on top.....4 dives a day, for 4 days, you can get a bit cold...unless your name is ScubaDrew :oP

You got that right :D
scubadrewatwork1.JPG

How ya been Leesa?
Drew

Hey Drew. I actualy meet you one day on the Enzo. I was diving with Kirsten for 4 days straight. She actually borrowed your video camera the second reef dive. So you have some video of me.

Anyway I did end up wearing my 3mm shortie all 4 days. I only found on reef dive a little chilly. Other than that the 3mm shortie was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom