Whiskey Wreck Since the Storm???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what about the wreck at Ft Morgan. been back out there since the storm to see if it got uncovered? (I still need to post those pics from last month).

I know I could look this up on my own but I figure it's just as easy to ask ya...what wreck is at Ft. Morgan?

Check out my pics here ScubaBoard Gallery - Fort Morgan mystery Shipwreck(unidentified)

This is the one that Mike is talking about I think.

There is actually another wreck, thats beacg divable along Fort Morgan. Its small, and covered completely last time I tried(and failed) to relocate it. It wasn't exactly the best dive when there was relief.

Check out my pics here ScubaBoard Gallery - Fort Morgan mystery Shipwreck(unidentified)

This is the one that Mike is talking about I think.

Yes... thats it.

Except since Mat took those pics, a storm moved it closer to that row of beach houses and it's mostly covered in sand now. (from what Mat said, the homeowners had sand bulldozed on it to cover it for liability issues since it's above the riparian line).

I was curious after Ida, how much of it got washed off. (I was down further down the beach during Ida and we had heavy waves and high wind, but not the downpour they forecasted).

I'll try to get the October pics uploaded this weekend maybe... but of course it'd changed since then I'm sure.

Its a brand new find after every rainstorm! :D My how we forget so soon!

Whiskey is a great dive right now! You can actually tell it is a boat, depth is around 15'.

Thanks, I need to go back and check it out!

What is the vertical height of the boat that's showing?

I'd guess around 5-6' just by the depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom