White Heads and Pimples on Face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLScubapro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Recently, I have found that after diving (4-5x a week- 80 or so dives in the last 120 days) I have white heads all around my nose after a dive. I have a new mask (Mares Essence Liquidskin) and have used this mask for the last 4 or so months.

I've only developed this issue in the last 2 months or so. I don't have any diver stress (well, perhaps from the wayward student) or other physiological issues, or acne above the surface. I am a bit older than many divers (mid-50s) and have been diving for 30 years. I start out the dive with no whiteheads around my nose, then within an hour or two after the dive, they come out (usually 5-6 around the creases of the nose).

Any suggestions to eliminate this unsightly issue? Thanks!

MS

Use your old mask and see if you experience the same. If it ceases, it was the mask.

Have you started using a different brand/type of defog?

My guess (following Angry Turtles, above) is the commercial defog you use. You may have some allergy to it. Try switching to another defog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom