White's MK2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecotrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I live in NC where our "cold" water diving is probably warm to you guys up in the NW, but I was wondering about the Jacket that comes with the MK2. Is the jacket meant to be worn on top of the MK2 jumpsuit? It looks to me that you could be worn underneath, but for me it will be a nice jacket for my Surface interval. I was just curious though.

Thanks!

Yeah. Wear the MK2 jacket on top of the john. Both the john and jacket have removable sleeves. In general, when layering the jacket on top of the john, people will zip off one set of arms. Figure out what works best for you.

As an insulating undergarment, I wasn't that impressed with the MK2. I wore the MK2 jacket (no sleeves) + john + Fusion in our local waters (approx. 55°F) and was quite cold on a rather short 1 hr. dive. I'm sure the MK3 is much warmer. For quality undergarments, I'd probably recommend looking at the Fourth Element Arctic line. I'm still pretty happy with my Bare T100 layered with a no-name branded polarfleece top.

i dive the mk2 with mk1 underneath and our waters have been 1c this year,, getting an hour bt isnt a problem i usualy come out sweating on my core.

Yeah. Wear the MK2 jacket on top of the john. Both the john and jacket have removable sleeves. In general, when layering the jacket on top of the john, people will zip off one set of arms. Figure out what works best for you.

As an insulating undergarment, I wasn't that impressed with the MK2. I wore the MK2 jacket (no sleeves) + john + Fusion in our local waters (approx. 55°F) and was quite cold on a rather short 1 hr. dive. I'm sure the MK3 is much warmer. For quality undergarments, I'd probably recommend looking at the Fourth Element Arctic line. I'm still pretty happy with my Bare T100 layered with a no-name branded polarfleece top.

Thanks Bubbletrouble! I am checking out their undergarments on their site.

Hey how far are you guys from Kennewick?

Back
Top Bottom