Who dives their own boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... I'm interested in diving my own boat. The only problem is that I don't know exactly where she ended up when she sank 30 years ago.

My cousins and I contributed a Lone Star cabin cruiser to the deep, I recall we celebrated it's demise. Hope you find it someday, it would probably make an excellent winter project.:rofl3:.

N

depends on where you are diving----I went from a 25' twin outboard Wellcraft to a 29' twin screw Wellcraft, @ 50 to 75 miles out in the Gulf it's safer, although I have many trips out there in my old 25'er.......

I second that - Totally depends where you are diving (small lake, big lake, bay, ocean, river) and how far you want to travel to your dive site.

Where do you live and what type of dive sites to you want to travel to?

We use a Barge, 24 ft . Works better than anything with have tried for us; but we do all of our diving in Lake. Plenty of room for gear and still able to move around.

I take out my one pack for bay and river diving. 5hp merc and plenty of room for gear. After diving all day I like to beach it and have lunch on the hull.

redneck_boat.jpg

Personally I think I look like an idiot wearing that hat....my wife bought it for me...so....:dork2:

Personally I think I look like an idiot wearing that hat....my wife bought it for me...so....:dork2:
Least your not wearing your mask on your forehead. :rofl3::rofl3:

I would really appreciate it if you brought me my table back. I got that thing at Sears, it was a good table.

Arkansas dive boat:

0525071730-01.jpg

N

My husband and I have a 23 foot Bayliner that we take out on Lake Michigan. My husband built a a nice dive ladders, had it weldered. Climbing into the boat is pretty easly. On board he added tank holders. I think the boat is perfect, he thinks bigger is better. The one thing were agree on is the more room in the back of the boat the better. I must admit we are are pretty tight if we are both suited up and standing in the back of the boat.

hey all,
Was in here looking for some ideas on dive seat building and found this thread.
I am actually puting together a dive boat, 15' by 40' pontoon/ catermeran boat.
We will have lots of room. Looking for ideas on how wide should the seats be and different opinions of tank holders, as in straps or the plastic arm type.
Also you likes what brand of electronics, hummybird ect .

any ides would be helpfull

thanks
hark

Back
Top Bottom