Who has had something stolen in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry gadget. Missed that but I meant on a yearly basis. I don't blame you for being pissed off it happened to you but I wonder how common it is.

Diver Dennis:
Sorry gadget. Missed that but I meant on a yearly basis. I don't blame you for being pissed off it happened to you but I wonder how common it is.

Dennis, having stuff taken from a rental car can happen almost any place you can name, but the spare tire theft, [ I have spoken to other divers that had it happen to them on Bonaire and I see no reason in the World they would lie about it ] makes me think that this crime has a few participants, other than just the the person taking the tire. It's just too easy to prevent and stop altogether, which leads me to question who benifits from the crime, and those questions lead me back to the rental Car Companies. Sorry.

gadget26:
OK Fine. I'm outa here.

Ya got me. I made it all up just to harm a bunch of people I don't know. It never happened.

endit

So what do you wish us to believe?

Your attitude speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you're saying.

livingstone:
You heard this from where?

I don't know where he heard about the main tires, but he likely heard about the car battery from me, earlier on this thread. I got ripped off by the thief, but at least the rental agency didn't overcharge me for the battery.

i've been to bonaire twice, and had no trouble... using common sense (and room safes) is the best advice i can give... enjoy your trip!

scottdj:
i've been to bonaire twice, and had no trouble... using common sense (and room safes) is the best advice i can give... enjoy your trip!

Well, yeah, that would take care of your money, passport and other things that can fit in a safe, but it does not answer what to do about "spare tire" theft from rental cars on Bonaire? Since it is such an easy theft for the rental agencies to protect against, one wonders why they do nothing to guard against it, until you get your spare tire "stolen" and have to fork over $250 to the rental agency when you check out. $250 for a spare tire, huh?, the same spare tire that MIGHT have been "stolen" before? sniff sniff, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I smell something fishy.:eyebrow:

I guess New York is a safer destination huh PF?

Pity the diving isn't as good.

Kim:

You should have posted a coffee alert on this one, coffee all over my keyboard!

I can just see the tourist pull up and park, leaving their car unlocked while they attempted to negotiate the pristine waterways....the kind and gentle denizens of Gotham would of course, never consider stripping the car down to the frame or punching the ignition out and going off joyriding or fiending out the now stolen car...

Kim:

Your post does nothing to further the topic at hand. I'm not sure if you know this or not, NY is not a dive destination. Let me also point out, not sure if you know this or not either, NY has 12 million people and Bonaire's population is in the thousands. NY has a greater land mass than Bonaire too. Not sure if you knew that either. You see, when you play the comparison game it only serves to obfuscate, but THAT is something I DO think you are aware of.:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom