Who has used Jads on Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi-I am on Aruba Jan 14:D and have chosen Jads as our dive op. Quite a few people like them. They replied first. They got the shot. Here is my question. I was alerted that this op limits dives to 40 minutes max. no matter the dive. Is this true? I have read they are a great place to use but limiting my dive time will put a damper on things. Please clear that up for me if you know for sure. thanks, kev:D

I have done 70 minute dives with them, most dives were 60 or more. Warn them in advance you expect full tanks (al 80's) as most of the time they were low from 2300-2800. No real complaints and you can rent tanks to shore dive too. I even did a shore dive from the back yard of the owners house

I have done 70 minute dives with them, most dives were 60 or more. Warn them in advance you expect full tanks (al 80's) as most of the time they were low from 2300-2800. No real complaints and you can rent tanks to shore dive too. I even did a shore dive from the back yard of the owners house

Thanks- I feel a lot better now. Now I am really pumped.:D

No there was not time limit other than my sucking air. Email them to verify...

Yes the shore dive (out of the backyard) is "rocky beach" one of my favorites.

Have a great time!

I just got back from two weeks diving with them. My family of 6 are all divers and very active while there....every second day. They are excellent, attentive and provided special equipment when asked. they have a pickup at your hotel feature that was a God send. ChiCha picked us up each time with open arms and a big Arubian smile! It made our day each time. We put in our request for sites as our family constituted a full boat as their main boat was being overhauled. Suited us perfectly. JP and Jenilee took care of us big time. As for the bottom time limits - I would say no. We stayed down until our air was expired (within reason...if you are asking to stay down till 200 psi, then who is going to say OK????) The Fingers and Isla de Ora were the best dives....healthiest reefs we saw there. Antilla was cool as were the Renaissance planes. Ernie, Anwar, ET were the divemasters and were very courtious safe and patient with all our kids.

Oops....forgot Rudolph! Another fun divemaster for Jads Operation. Multitalented...he was also helping with the engine overhaul!

Just did a week of diving with JADS. All the dives were based on air consumption and many were longer than 40 minutes. All the folks from JADS were great, I would definitely recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom