Who in Texas is diving a dry suit.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.........so they can stay diving all year???? :wink:

I am!

(BARE-- Neo material,....who needs a gym when you have one of these 'tough mans' type suits). :D

USIA techniflex .................similar to Zinc's dry suit.......but I have the booties built in on mine and it is a back zipper config.

Remember water temperature is still good enough for my wet suit, will see tomorrow how it goes, but last week Lake Travis to 57 feet was 75 degrees.

I will try to get to the New Years Day dive wet if possible before the cold forces me into my nice and warm dry suit.

After 6 years with the USIA dry suit I needed new latex neck and wrist seals, possibly get it back from the factory today. The dry suit that is.

:popcorn:

White's fusion on order. I can dive a 5mm with hood in the winter, but freezing during the SI has gotten old over the years.

I'm VERY interested in the White's Fusion, let me know how you like it! Which skin did you get with it?

I use a DUI CLXse. Let's me dive all year round anywhere on the planet. I dove in Antarctica in 30F water for nearly an hour. Anyone want take my ice diving class in Feb 19-22? (Yes it is real ice thick enough to drive your truck on)

I use a DUI CLXse. Let's me dive all year round anywhere on the planet. I dove in Antarctica in 30F water for nearly an hour. Anyone want take my ice diving class in Feb 19-22? (Yes it is real ice thick enough to drive your truck on)

When driving remember the 'black ice'!!!!!!!! It's nothing to dive into.....or drive on to, we both know the results......be careful.

Where do you teach this class?

Carrie

Dui tls

Bare dry suit - 45 minutes in CSSP last year in middle of winter - 48 degree water temp (Plus or minus - I don't trust the computer's temps).

Not too bad at all.

Dry suits make winter diving a piece of cake. Your lips freeze and fingers get numb, but hey - it's diving!!!

That's sounds more like an average summer temperature of the lake Ontario :D. we dove today in 50F temp, 107 min bottom time. Winter diving is coming!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom