Who in Texas is diving a dry suit.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I tried mine out a few weekends ago, and mine is huge on me, so I might not be driving dry this year unless I can sell mine and get a smaller one. Damn the whole getting back in shape stuff.

TLS 350 that I [-]stole[/-] bought from a guy on Craigslist. He was moving to a new house and was tired of moving it, the rockboots, the bag, the hose, the patch kit...

Oh! That moving that 20 lb. suit every couple of years from closet to closet must be exacerbating! Ha! That's gotta be tough! All 20 lbs. of it; every few years! Who in their right mind could ever do such a thing? I ask you?

Well, congratulations on stealing that suit from a guy, who obviously was too lazy to even move the suit every few years; never mind grab it to actually go dive.

I hate those people who tell you "I am a diver. See. I have my C-card" and when you start quizzing them, you get "oh, I haven't been diving since 1993". Those people are not divers. I am not sure what to call them; but they are definitely not divers.

Well, I tried mine out a few weekends ago, and mine is huge on me, so I might not be driving dry this year unless I can sell mine and get a smaller one. Damn the whole getting back in shape stuff.

What brand, model, size?

Just how many ice divers do we have around these parts?

There are a handful. I can think of approx. 12 that I know of. I am reasonably confident that there are less than 20 of us total in the state of Texas; but this is just my educated guess. I believe Randy has trained 8 of us.

CONGRATS....way to go Ryan,,,,now if you can rub some of the majic off on me please!!!!

Oh! That moving that 20 lb. suit every couple of years from closet to closet must be exacerbating! Ha! That's gotta be tough! All 20 lbs. of it; every few years! Who in their right mind could ever do such a thing? I ask you?

Well, congratulations on stealing that suit from a guy, who obviously was too lazy to even move the suit every few years; never mind grab it to actually go dive.

I hate those people who tell you "I am a diver. See. I have my C-card" and when you start quizzing them, you get "oh, I haven't been diving since 1993". Those people are not divers. I am not sure what to call them; but they are definitely not divers.

I haven't been diving since early September so I don't know what you might call me. I was diving dry, however.

CONGRATS....way to go Ryan,,,,now if you can rub some of the majic off on me please!!!!

If you lost any weight, there wouldn't be anything left! :mooner:

Well, counting myself, there are 6 that I know of. And I trained 5 of them. I know that there are more than that, because I run into them from time to time. And I know of a couple down around San Antonio.

I am not entirely sure, but there is a good chance that I am the only Ice Instructor in North Texas. (There aren't too many running around these parts). I do have to admit that it kind of an odd breed that would partake willingly in such lunacy.

Randy

I still dive in a wet suit ,but hopefully next year I will be purchasing another dry suit. I lost my first dry suit to squirrels. I put it in storage when I went off to school, and squirrels did a number to it, along with several other items.

When I get the opportunity to dive during the colder month or in colder water, I definitely dive dry. In fact, I enjoyed getting to participate quite dryly in the recent Ouachita trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom