Who in Texas is diving a dry suit.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a hand me down Northern Divers Vortex-I'm told it's the Chevrolet of dry suits! Never the less with a good set of undies, it has kept me relatively warm and mostly dry down to around 40deg in the PNW.

Been diving a BARE Tech Tr-lam suit. It works for me and is reasonably comfortable.
I take it ice diving with Randy to Okoboji :D <===== Other certified Texas Ice Diver

I'm waiting for the DUI event at CSSP in November and then I'll probably buy one.. I'm not big on being cold during SI's, or when the temps really drop with a wetsuit.

CLX450 with turbo soles, zip seals, p-thru bolt, velcro thigh pockets, knee and crotch pads. I bought this suit after diving and falling in love with it at several DDs, but after some regular use I think I would have been better off with the TLS, the CF, or one of the hybrid models. The problem is, this suit retains water in the cordura - when diving in cooler temps, I suffer from some evaporative cooling. I can only imagine that it's gonna get pretty stiff/I will be stuck to my harness after exiting the water while diving in MO this winter!

Pros: Heavy duty, solid suit that shows very little wear.
Cons: Retains water in the cordura and has a slow dry time.

Been diving a BARE Tech Tr-lam suit. It works for me and is reasonably comfortable.
I take it ice diving with Randy to Okoboji :D <===== Other certified Texas Ice Diver

Just how many ice divers do we have around these parts?

TLS 350 that I [-]stole[/-] bought from a guy on Craigslist. He was moving to a new house and was tired of moving it, the rockboots, the bag, the hose, the patch kit...

closer to 11k, I believe.

Wow is she that high.....thinking 9800ft, but sure you are more correct!

Back
Top Bottom