who is this artist? (NDL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
When I was in Cozumel 3 weeks ago my GF took this picture through the window of a closed art gallery in the center of town. We passed by on 3 different days but each time the gallery was closed. I was wondering if anyone in or going to Cozumel could stop by and get me some info on the painting or the gallery. I'm thinking this would make a great Christmas present if I can figure out how to buy it and get it here in the next 30 days.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 1101_D016.jpg
    1101_D016.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 112
I can check for it out you & get it back to NY if you want it. Exactly where in the center of town did you see it?

That would be extraordinary!
It was in a shop somewhat set in from the main street. In a mall that seemed to always be closed. If I recall there was an escalator to a second floor, but this shop was on the main floor. The mall seemed (in my memory) to be somewhat of an open square, but this gallery was in a center portion facing north (for all of the above, add "I think").
I'm pretty sure there was a Starbucks there. The gallery was opposite Starbucks.

Gotcha, Punta Longosta. There's a shop with artwork on consignment. I hope this one's by a local. Does the name "Galo" ring any bells?
Will check it out tomorrow & get back to you.

Sorry, I have no clue. The shop was always closed when we passed. She showed me the photo then after we returned she said she regretted not pursuing it. I figured this would be a great Christmas gift.
Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate it!!!

Sorry, I have no clue. The shop was always closed when we passed. She showed me the photo then after we returned she said she regretted not pursuing it. I figured this would be a great Christmas gift.
Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate it!!!

WOW! What a GREAT gift and no doubt she'll be elated - it's a beautiful painting!

Thanks for all your help ddeborahdelamar. I've made contact with the artist and am now waiting for his response. The asking price is a bit out of my reach so I hope he is open to offers.

Thanks again
John

Yes- we just went by there to take a peek and it is very nice! your GF would love you forever! good luck in its acquisition. Is the artist a local?

JeancMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom