Who knows their liveaboards?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shorri

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to SB and am looking for info on Red Sea liveaboards.... Reasonably experienced diver, just shy of 100 dives but have never done a liveaboard. Planning to go end of August or start of September and was originally looking at Egypt but am now also thinking Sudan (not because of this weekends events but because I understand it is that much less crowded).

I would sooo appreciate any info on either operators to use and equally those not to use (in Egypt or Sudan). I am early thirties and going alone so would be looking for a sociable week (though of course I appreciate it's pretty random and dependent on who else goes).

Please share your experiences with me! I really want to get it all booked up in the next week and would really like some unbiased advice...

Thanks!

Hello Shorri,

Emperor Divers are pretty good, I went with them this year and will probably go next year as well. Sudan is great diving but you don't need to ge there for quiet diving. :wink:

If you don't mind to go next year you can have a look at the last line of my signature.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Hello Shorri,
there is a chance to dive the South of Egypt and Sudan on a one-way-trip with the S/Y Freedom

embarkation 27 August 2005 in El Gouna (Hurghada airport)
arrival approx. 10 Sept. 2005 in Port Sudan
dive package for 2 weeks is EUR 1.490.- per person
additional cost for flight, visa, dive permission airport tax is not included
skipper and divemaster Rüdiger is not Italian, but from Austria.
See www.sds-swiss.com for the General Specification of the sailing yacht. She can lodge comfortably up to 9 guests.
Cheers
Rembert

Back
Top Bottom