who split the europe forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was done at my suggestion.

Since ScubaBoard aspires to be a global forum, I thought it was a good idea stop lumping Europe together as it obviously isn't one area. A similar operation was executed for the Africa / Middle East forum.

It doesn't matter to me, but perhaps the division should be - Northern Europe/Med/land-locked Europe? After all the cold war has been over 14 years and divers are a different culture anyway.............

Walter
But this division exists in simple geographical terms. Europe is a big continent so there is Central and Eastern one, Western one and Northern one.
It's rather simple.
Mania

hvulin
we are a big continent. Such split makes life easier and it has nothing to do with politics and not being united.
I asked Pete to do some changes.
I think Eastern Europe should be called Central&Eastern Europe and it should include Austria, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey.
so that these divisions will really be geagraphical ones, not from the old times...

But before splitting it was really difficult to search betweet threads about italy, Netherlands, Croatia or Poland....

Look - US is also divided into different regions - does it mean that this is not one country?

Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom