Who to dive with in Barbados?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AGF

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations as to who to dive with in Barbados?

I want a dive centre that concentrates on taking experienced divers i.e one that doesn't impose unrealistic dive time limits or fill their boats with cruise ship try divers.

I'm staying up between Holetown & Speights town so any recomendations would be welcome.

Also if anyone knows if Exploresub have re-opened and how to contact them then please let me know.

Regards

I have never dove with them....but your description might be met by a shop called One on One. They are bit more costly....but I have heard good things.

do a web search as I think they have a site

rich

Out of curiosity and for future reference, what is the diving like in Barbados?

AGF:

I want a dive centre that concentrates on taking experienced divers i.e one that doesn't impose unrealistic dive time limits or fill their boats with cruise ship try divers.

I'm staying up between Holetown & Speights town so any recomendations would be welcome.

Also if anyone knows if Exploresub have re-opened and how to contact them then please let me know.

Regards
If your staying by Speightstown (west coast) check out Reefers& wreckers in Speightstown(their websiteis www.scubadiving.bb) Theres a great wreck to dive called the STAVRONIKITA. you should enjoy it!!

ScubaTexas:
Out of curiosity and for future reference, what is the diving like in Barbados?

I'll let you know when I get back in May.

I'm from the UK and of course the island is known as Little England. I expect that its not quite as good as say the Caymans or the Bahamas, but I can fly direct from Manchester and as my wife is a non-diver I have to just compromise a little on where we go.

Barbados was great!! The are a few wrecks in shallower water in carlise bay, that are also worth checking out.. have a great time, wish i could come!!

jessu869:
Barbados was great!! The are a few wrecks in shallower water in carlise bay, that are also worth checking out.. have a great time, wish i could come!!

Where di you stay Jessu and who did you dive with?

I found Barbados to be just average diving. Not the least bit comparable to Bonaire.

One major advantage to Barbados though is the above water activities. Lots to do for the non diver and during dry time.

My favorite wreck there was the PAMIR. Most seem to like the Stav but I think it is only because of the depth involved. Personally, I thought the STAV was a pretty mediocre dive.

A couple things I would recommend above water is....the Ostens fish fry. But....do not buy any tickets from your hotel or your travel agent if using one.....they will sooooooo over charge you. Our hotel was selling tickets for $40 a person. We went down , ate, and had 4 beers each for $20 total.

Also, do the Roots Review. Lots of fun.

Rich.....Pm me if you have any other questions

I got an apartment up near speightstown with my boyfriend..Our apartment was cheap and right on the west coast..right on the water!! It was great.

Yeah I agree with you the Pamir was awesome also...I dove mostly with Scuba Adventures near bridgetown (my friend lives over there so it was convenient) The guys over there are a bunch a fun also...But you do get the cruise ship people over there, due to the location..But check them out! I also dove with reefers and wreckers...they were good also! But i was mostly down there to visit with friends....Good luck, Happy diving... Jess

AGF:

Regards

We've had been conducting research with an aquatic robot just north of Holetown for the past two years. We've found that Peter at West Side Scuba Centre had everything we required (gear, boats, well trained DM and Peter himself). In fact, please mention that Jim from the Aqua Project from York University said, "Hello". There prices were extermely reasonsible. For more informaiton call Peter at (246) 432-2558 or check out their website site www.westsidescuba.com

Back
Top Bottom