Who to dive with in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PepperDM

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are coming into Coz on a cruise and would like to do some diving. This ship books a shore excersion with Sand Dollar sports, does anyone know whay they are like??? Is there a better operator that we can divie with??? Any specific dive site we need to visit???

I would like to catch a boat from the docks as apposed to trying to navigate inland burning up dive time.

We dive with Deep Blue. Deep Blue - Scuba Diving in Cozumel

But, I'm not too sure how it works out with the pod people (cruise ship). You may be best booking through them because they likely have a system in place to get you where you need to be when you need to be there. I know Sand Dollar uses bigger boats.

We've used Scuba with Alison a number of times off cruises, as she can be a bit more flexible with her schedule than some of the other ops. Just grab a quick cab from the pier to Caleta Marina where her boat is. It's pretty quick - especially if you come in at the southern pier.

We just returned from our first trip to Cozumel a couple weeks ago. We did our diving with Blue XT Sea and were very happy. I highly recommend them.

I went with Scuba with Alison on a cruise stop last november (Jewel of the Seas) Walk off the ship and hail a taxi for a 5 minute ride to the Caleta marina, we easily did a two tank dive with plenty of time to get back to the ship. We even stopped for lunch at a restaurant on the way back. She runs a first class operation with small fast boats and Chucho one of her dive masters is very good. You will need to book ahead of time though. Just do a google search for Scuba with Alison and you will find her and her website will give you all the contact info that you need.

Gaffer

check with aldora @ aldora.com, they take cruise ship divers......

We are coming into Coz on a cruise and would like to do some diving. This ship books a shore excersion with Sand Dollar sports, does anyone know whay they are like??? Is there a better operator that we can divie with??? Any specific dive site we need to visit???

Whomever you go with you likely won't have much say in which sites you visit. The good news is that it's all good.

Whomever you go with you likely won't have much say in which sites you visit. The good news is that it's all good.

I beg to differ as far as my experience with Scuba with Alison. Her dive master asked us where we wanted to go. I am sure they would exclude the advanced sites for the obvious safety concerns but everywhere else was wide open.

Gaffer

I beg to differ as far as my experience with Scuba with Alison. Her dive master asked us where we wanted to go. I am sure they would exclude the advanced sites for the obvious safety concerns but everywhere else was wide open.

Gaffer

That may be true if you have enough folks to make up the majority on a boat, but one or two cruisers diving with a group of divers who are staying on the island won't pull that much weight.

But as I said, it's all good, especially to someone who has never been to Cozumel.

That may be true if you have enough folks to make up the majority on a boat, but one or two cruisers diving with a group of divers who are staying on the island won't pull that much weight.

But as I said, it's all good, especially to someone who has never been to Cozumel.

Or...if you're a repeat customer. Otherwise, IME, Gordon is right.

I also agree, I've never had a "bad" Cozumel dive.:D

Oh, BTW, less that 7 days!

Back
Top Bottom