Why Bonaire instead of Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Aruba back in November 06. The diving was better than I expected, especially after reading a lot of mediocre reviews. Here is a video I made from my dives for reference.
YouTube - Reefs of Aruba

Great video. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Guy

I have been diving in Aruba 5 times (7weeks), and plan on going back several times. I have dove in Bonaire once and don't have any plans of ever going back. I was bored of the diving in Bonaire after the 3rd of 4th day.

I have been diving in Aruba 5 times (7weeks), and plan on going back several times. I have dove in Bonaire once and don't have any plans of ever going back. I was bored of the diving in Bonaire after the 3rd of 4th day.

Sorry to hear that, i ove Bonaire, and hate Aruba

Just curious why you were bored? I've never been to Bonaire (I have been to Aruba and Curacao), as an aside.

Bonaire stands out for me for the dive freedom. Dive a boat dive if you want. Dive a shore dive if you want. We dove thru Capt Dons and even the boat dives have freedom in that they offered three different boat dive times a day. You can sign up the night before, the day of or minutes before. Same with canceling. Canceling involves taking your dive number of the sign up chart before the boat leaves. Just no hassles to it. Try that on any other island and you will find formal sign up and cancelation policies and procedures.

The freedom of shore diving is a big plus for us. Dive the site you pick, the time you pick and you can dive with somebody, everybody or nobody.
I can get up early morning, drink a cup of coffee look at the sunrise and decide hey lets grab a tank and go for a dive. Same thing anytime of the day. Like others have said, you want a dive vacation, Bonaire is pretty darn perfect. TK

If you got bored diving Bonaire, you were doing it wrong. Over 80 dive sites you can get to by just walking into the ocean, day or night. Boat dives to Klein Bonaire if you choose (I don't) and if you want to do Tec diving, there's RecTec. Or you can go to the wild side of the island and go find the big beasts.

If you were trolling with your boredom post, you got me. But boredom and diving Bonaire don't belong in the same sentence.

Does Aruba have dozens of standardized dive site markers all up and down its coast the way Bonaire does? I haven't been to Aruba, but Curacao did not seem to have markers--or at least not nearly as many as Bonaire--or a convenient coastal road system to access a large number of dive sites. On Bonaire, you look through a map of dive sites to find one that appeals to you, drive up or down the road passing dive site after dive site until you find the one you want, pull off to the side, gear up, and go in. Later in the day, drive the rental truck back to replace tanks, and repeat. The island just totally caters to divers. Aruba?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom