Why do you dive?

What's the most enjoyable aspect of diving for you?

• Seeing cool stuff

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • The physical (e.g., weightlessness) and psychological (e.g., wow, I'm breathing underwater) thrill s

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • Teaching others about diving

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Meeting interesting people

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Its a vehicle for setting and meeting personal challenges (i.e., to dive deeper, or into caves, etc.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • At this point, its mostly just a habit

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • I don't know - I'm just trying something new at present

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • The thrill of exploration and discovery. I'd rather dive a new but boring site than a visually exci

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 12.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to say that I love diving for several reasons: to see cool stuff, the thrill of new discoveries and the feeling of being weightless. It also seems timeless. I could float there all day if the air would last that long!!

astrl

Why do I dive....stress management ( that coupled with the fact that my wife stated I needed a hobby or she was going to kill me)

Have a tendency to turn most things I do into business ventures and she stated that I was driving her nuts being the typical(?) type "A" personality and not doing anything for the sake of having fun.

Got involved Aug. of this year, just wrapped up AOW last week and have logged 22 actual dives so far (not counting ow and aow)so I guess I'm having fun?!!! and am I hooked! Signed up for every class the lds offers. Is there a cure for this affliction? Or am I to succumb to the same fate as many on this board??

Best Regards
Don Costanza

Nah...no cure - you're screwed :eek:ut:

It gets worse..the more dive experience you get, the more you learn, the more you want to dive and do different things.

Before you know it, you'll be at home doing something....and someone will tell you that they are diving and you can't make it...and it'll be all you think about. Hehe.

It's become an obsession for me as well...I've even cut down on my paintball tournies lately, and for me that is just unheard of! But, w/ the weather getting cooler I know I'll be back in the game soon. Usually, the decision process is something like this: Hrmm...95 and humid....Go play paintball, sprinting around a hot field with a full gogs on....or....go lay around on a beach and scuba dive....

Well...you can imagine how that one turns out :D

I dive because I'm hoping someone like you will post a POLL asking me why I like to dive and I want to make sure I am qualified to answer the question to that POLL. :)

'cause it beats mowing the lawn and listening to the wife b!tch about me being a lazy a$$=-)

Really it is several reasons, I love seeing the cool stuff. But it is also the fun and excitment of weightlessness, breathing underwater too. And it is on the verge of teaching others of all the fun and excitment of diving.

Rich :mean:

Where is the "So I will have something to talk about on Scubaboard." option?

Chad

Hey, this poll is great !!!

I always wondered to know why people go diving... And always thought it was because of the competition spirit, for some people. :eek:ut:

For me, it's basically the thrill to feel my body being lifted by the water, to use the "lung ballast", if that's correct...

Anyway, it's good to share point of views, and I'm happy to hear competition has nothing to do with it :)

Hey gang:

I thought i would put my two cents worth in also.
Why do i love diving..... Well the bigest reason is obvious. One can look at the pole above for the highest score & realize why.
On the other hand i enjoy exploreing & looking up from about 80 ft. to the surface and seeing all kinds of fish life & sometimes think of all these years of what i mist..... Scuba diving is a great sport.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom