Why does SSI not want to honor the new Red Cross training classes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds acceptably vague to be a good answer to me. With the gazillion of certifiying agencies, it is hard to recognize one and disrespect another.

I think the bottom line is a "recognized" organization, and that could be recognized, locally, in a state, in a country, or in a branch of service, or governmental agency. Vague enough to allow flexibility in the local or country.

There are plenty of online certificate for both CPR and first aid - and not requiring squat of hands on demonstration. I guess as defined here, it could mean NAUI, PADI, SSI, AHA, ARC, or any locally or nationally recognized organizations.

I guess in the case of the military, it could be C4 combat casualty course with ATLS.

Hey All,

I have been out of my office and not on the web for five days with some rather tough Flu symptoms. As to the question about any on-line CPR/First-aid program we will accept it as long as it is a recognized organization with both local OSHA and federal guidelines. Also the student must do a hands on session with a trainer for it to be valid. I hope this clears this up.

Thanks for your time,
Thank you for taking the time to answer. Does the Red Cross blended learning fall in these guidelines and do you accept it? You do not get the certification cards until you complete the hands on session.

Sounds like it does. I know that the eACLS program I took 2 years ago, if you simply completed the online portion, you get a certificate for like 6 hours of CME credit, that simply stated that you completed the training. Once you completed the hands on portion, then you get a regular ACLS card that does say, eACLS, but also said that it is approved by the AHA. So it is a regular card.

My guess that it is the same with the ARC, that you will get a regular card, just like the fully live teacher version. I don't think one can tell from the card alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom