Why does the SB Nekton cruise cost more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solo divers are paired up if there's another solo of the same gender on the boat and the cabins are full.

We'll be on the Pilot the first 2 weeks of July doing both Cay Sal and the NW Bahamas itineraries and can't wait! :D Wish the ScubaBoard dates would have worked for us.

Folks,
I think SB = Southern Bahamas
Actually in this case it's ScubaBoard. There's an SB sponsored CaySal trip next summer.

i'm wondering if they will pair me up for a cabin if i travel solo.
They will unless you pay the single supplement - 50% more. I'm guessing this trip is going to sell out. If it doesn't call and ask about it, the office staff places people in their cabins.

With a full boat, especially if there's any tech divers with doubles - the divedeck is going to be pretty crowded...Everywhere else is fine since the boat is basically a 3-story box.

smokey braden:
at the top of this web site there is an advertisment.
it shows a scuba board . com trip on the nekton to the cay sals.

That's weird, I've never seen it, I've seen Wreck Diving Mag, Scuba Toys, Cave Diving.com, 50% off to FL Dive Expo, but I've never seen the Nekton ad.... :shakehead

The banner used to appear above the forums, but I haven't seen it since yesterday....hmmm.....is the boat full?? :wink:

There were 22 of 32 available yesterday so it would have had to have filled really fast.

Edit: It's been changed to a banner ad. As Supporting Members we're opted out.

deepstops:
That's weird, I've never seen it, I've seen Wreck Diving Mag, Scuba Toys, Cave Diving.com, 50% off to FL Dive Expo, but I've never seen the Nekton ad.... :shakehead

Log out - then go to Forums front page, sometimes it's on rotation with othr ads...

jasondcrawford:
Or.... Because they know it will fill up at this the higher price, why charge a lower price?
Read back a page in this thread, it's not a higher price. Nekton quotes the base price on their itinerary page, it doesn't include the fees, taxes and incidentals.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2419000&postcount=8

btw Jason, yours does also, only difference is your base is lower.

Belize Cruises

$10 Belize Government Cruising Fee
$45 Belize Government Port Charge
$5 Half Moon Caye Park Fee (on itineraries that include Half Moon Caye)
$2.50 Glovers Park Fee (on itineraries that include Glovers Park)
$15 Belize Hyperbaric Chamber Fee
$35 Belizean Government Departure Tax payable at the airport
$25 Saturday Ground Transfer fee (roundtrip)
$100 Fuel surcharge

Back
Top Bottom