Why does the SB Nekton cruise cost more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried the above link and was denied. Guess I've been bad again.

If anybody's planning to dive NITROX, be sure to check out the availablilty and pricing before you commit. Because they use a membrane system, they are limited in how much NITROX they can pump. And I believe the charge to be over $200 for the week.

del_mo:
I tried the above link and was denied. Guess I've been bad again.
Sorry bout that, I didn't notice that it's a supporting members only thread. Basically someone asked what happened to the banner ad for the trip and El Orans responded that they should PM Netdoc or Florida Cave Diver for an answer.

joystershell:
If anybody's planning to dive NITROX, be sure to check out the availablilty and pricing before you commit. Because they use a membrane system, they are limited in how much NITROX they can pump. And I believe the charge to be over $200 for the week.
fwiw, Last summer the office people told my buddy the Nitrox allotment was used up on our trip. And I'm pretty sure they limited it to 10 although the website says 14 divers per week. When we got on the boat, the DM said no problem they had plenty extra and signed my buddy up. $15 tank or $195/wk. Seems like a good idea as you can easily dive 4 dives per day plus the night dive. And on the Belize trips, they add a 6am dive sometimes also.

We did the Belize itinerary on air last year and even with 4 dives a day, our computers barely went into the yellow. Nitrox isn't really necessary on the Belize itinerary IMO, but as usual, it always comes down to personal preference and choice. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom