Why give primary instead of alternate regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primary donate...... for the sole reason you KNOW it’s safe to breathe....... later on in more advanced diving you will find yourself and buddies with 2-3 gases that you CANNOT breathe so an OOA Diver grabbing a random reg could very well kill him/her
Myself for instance on my current skill level they have 4 regs to grab
1- My long hose is either in my mouth or clipped off this one is safe to breathe at any point
2- my short hose bungeed around my neck or in my mouth this one is safe to breathe at any point but your not likely to get this one
3- a 50% deco gas if it’s not in my mouth it’s not safe to breathe the exception being if were shallow enough to be on 02 but then you have lost both back gas tanks and your 50% sooooooooo that’s not really a panic OOA that’s a controlled situation since you basically knew it was coming as you watched all your gauges go down to nothing
4- 02 deco gas again if it’s not in my mouth it’s not safe to breathe

With the deco gases if I’m on my 50 that would assume my buddy has completely lost both bottom gas cylinders and if I’m on 02 he’s lost 3 cylinders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom