Why I didn't dive last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
And no, I'm not going to show you any pictures of a ring in a shell or tell you stories about a romantic weekend trip to a desert island. (Congrats Kristin, your man has set the bar quite high for the rest of us poor shmoes.)

This is our new baby. We are adopting her from a rescue group and have been going to pitbull training (actually, new pitbull Daddy training) on Saturdays for the last few weeks. We got to bring her home this weekend, but we didn't think the first day home would be a good time to haul her all the way to Monterey and throw her on a RIB. Her name is Otter and no, we didn't pick it. Call it fate.

7-30-08OfficepicturewiththeOtterGir.jpg

7-12-08DogTraining28cropsm.jpg

7-30-08OfficepicturewiththeOtter-3.jpg

7-26-08to7-29-08OtterGirlishomea-2.jpg

After a week off in San Luis Obispo for the annual PE conference, we'll be seeing how she does on the water. Don't worry, she has a good tether and a pink polkadot life preserver that matches her collar.

Warning!!! Do not teach that dog to fetch a ball. You will have no peace in your life if you do.

As to water, I have three pits, two of them avoid the pool like the plague, the third one swims laps to cool off. That's pretty rare for the breed.

Great that the rescue has training classes! The biggest problem with these dogs is their owners (she says, having watched a big, unaltered male drag his 20-something male owner around while barking furiously at all the divers at one of our sites a week ago). When well raised and handled, they're smart and sweet.

Well done!!! taking a dog from a rescue home is a very humane way of bringing an animal into your life (we did it with our cat and have had hours of fun watching him adapt from being a stray to a loving companion). I agree totally with TSandM it's not the dogs it's the owners, you are doing the right thing by taking the classes, my neighbour has a german shepherd which is very well trained, you can happily leave him to play with young children, but i would not like to threaten my neighbour.

your reason for not diving is better than mine, it's unseasonally windy here & not a good idea to go out to sea - sulk!

Congratulations!! She is a beautiful baby! My neighbors have them and they are wonderful dogs. My Great Danes and their dogs are good friends. We looked mighty impressive on our group walks with 4 adults, 4 kids, 3 Danes, and 4 pitbulls. All well-behaved, (well except for the two legged kid who didn't get a leash..... Have fun, and take many photos over the coming years.

She's looking good!! We have adopted a Jack Russell. He was about 4 years old and was abandoned by the previous owner. The neighbour of the previous owner said he was sick and tired feeding the dog over the fence for 3 months so I took him home. What a great dog he is. He is now about 8 years old and a joy to the family.

Congrats on a beautiful dog. I've got two Jack Russells (essentially, they're miniature pits) and while they demand a lot of activity & exercise, it's always well worth it.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom