Why I love Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaSocMan

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
No matter how many times i dive i still get that old feeling.... you know the one... when your diving, you stop, take a step back and think for a sec what your doing ... blows my mind... think about it, its like.. "yeah no big deal, i'm just going to throw some gear on and go underwater... in the ocean... see yah in about 30.... "holy moly thats a big ocean" .... Thats living! :D

Great, now you're making me feel bad for not having been diving in a couple months :D

Must.. get.. tanks.. filled.. and... stop.. making.. excuses.

In addition to that, I can't remember the last time I did a dive without seeing something I've NEVER seen before.

It's hard to believe there are people out there who aren't interested in diving.

In addition to that, I can't remember the last time I did a dive without seeing something I've NEVER seen before.

It's hard to believe there are people out there who aren't interested in diving.

So true on both comments!!

Was out of diving for 2 months due to a leg injury. Got back into the water and what do I get to do, play with a seal for about 30 minutes. I had a blast :)

To be able to get out and explore and interact with a whole new world is exciting.

Many people think that

1) diving is TOO expensive
2) diving is TOO dangerous

Also they believe it's terribly cold, dark and absolutely nothing interesting to see around in BC waters. They pretty sure that diving is only good in tropic waters.

True dat AquaSocMan.

I love coming back on shore at, say, Porteau, where's there's always tourists milling about in the summer and someone comes up to you and says (with a doutbful, almost "are you f****** crazy tone"), "is there anything to see down there?" Makes me smile every time.

The line we feed the tourists is analogous to what we tell friends and family back in Ontario when they ask how the weather is out west..."oh yeah, rains all the time", we tell them. It stops them from considering a move out west. :D

The too expensive part shouldn't really be lumped in with the too dangerous. It is expensive no matter how you shake it.

I mean it's not much more expensive to get into and do regularly than say skiing, but a lot of people don't do that either :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom