Why is a back plate& wing better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In reference to the free movement associated with compression: It may be true that something similar will occur with the BP/Wing but I attribute much of it to my balloon feeling at the surface in a vest and the subsequent space liberated when I deflate to descend. Also, I can feel the vest begging to press me around its closure points and cumberbund as I ascend after I have adjusted for depth but this could be fit problem that I need to get used to. I have received my BP/Wing combo and dry fitted it for its initial run tomorrow. I must already say that I strapped an AL80 to this jewel and moved around with it for 20 minutes (my typical surface check interval before getting wet) and it distributed the weight much more agreeably. Also, I was not able to tell by pressure on my body the level at which the bladder been inflated all the way up to the pressure release point. That is a unique experience for me that should be priceless underwater.

I am going to look more closely at this DIR concept and see if it is tailored to even more practices that I find reassuring. I reverted to a bottom timer setup with spg backup and a computer on board just for historical data long before I ever heard of DIR and I was surprised to find that it favored by those who follow this credo. Sounds like it is my developing approach already refined for me.

Well Gang :

True to his word no suprise there,
Greatfull Diver let me do a dive with his back plate and wing ,
and his long hose set up.

Man what a big deferance this made to me.
I am a good diver but this rig of Bob's made me look like a pro.
we droped down and with little or no trying I was able to stop my decent at about 2 or 3 feet from the bottom and just kicking slowly we moved about the Dive site ,

this was so easy to dive with I forgot I was trying a new setup

I am hooked I will be ordering mine as soon as I can

thanks for all the great infermation.

And to Greatfull Diver Thank you for allowing me to try you
back plate and wing out . this weekends dive sold me on the idea.

And it was good to dive with you once more.
We have got to get to gether more offten.

Sparky

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom