why is zeagle brand looked down upon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHARKBAIT94:
Well once everything was priced out the sales guy said well before i go any further for the price you should try out the diva lx so we go and she trys on the diva lx well that fit like a glove. So the sales guy goes right into the pitch it all ready had the sports bra and pockets and lower profile these are awsome bc perfect for any kind of dive situation NJ, Fl, mexico for a female you can not go wrong.

(I snipped your response down since I just want to comment about this part)

Here's the thing about the Diva.....what the heck do we need a "sports bra" for on a BC??? When I dive I always wear at least a bathing suit, and more often a bathing suit AND a wetsuit. I can honestly say that my breasts are WELL supported by both of those garments and the last thing I need is a "bra" on my BC. :hmmm:

Yes, I do own a Diva, and find the bra part to be a total gimick that was invented by Lord knows who. I bought my Diva on the recommendation of other women friends, but am now switching to a Zena due to fit and comfort issues.

Nothing wrong with the Diva, it's a quality BC, just not this girl's cup of tea.

No dive store should badmouth a competitors product unless he can document it. A good salesperson will point out benefits not deficits or rumor.

where I dive (Anilao, Palawan, Puerto Galera in the Philippines) nobody sez anything bad about my zeagle. It's always noticed with a wow when my bcd is lined up on the ground with the other bcds. Maybe its the flag? or just plain healthy respect for one of the most respected gear manufacturer in the world.

I dive because I love to and I dive with a zeagle bcd because I have trust in it.

There are two zeagle rangers in my house, after diving other BC's there is no other brand on the market I would dive for a regular BC setup, I've used aqualung and others and now I promote Zeagle to all of my friends :)

The only bad thing I have to say about the Zeagle Ranger is the size, the wing on it is rather large for a single tank, but works great for double aluminum, for singles I'd say go with an eclipse or brigade, if I wear a single on my Zeagle Ranger I HAVE TO use the rear dumps to get the air out because the bladder is so big I have to go completely virtical to get the air out with a single tank, or overweight on purpose (I use 2lbs of lead with a 3 mil suit so I run with almost no air in the wing) I don't mind this because I use the rear dumps full time anyway but I'm sure not everyone does that, other then that (and thats a minor issue if not a non issue for me) I love the thing.

My other rig is a BP/W for doubles and I use the zeagle for singles, my BP/W is not zeagle, I dont' care for the way in a BP/W setup the zeagle is designed, never used one just never attracted me, but for the BC, I know its my opinion but for a regular BC (besides BP/W) I don't think there is a better product on the market, be sure to check out the brigade/eclipse.

Me, my wife, and just about everyone I know dive Zeagles. Highly recommended.

This has been a long but interesting thread, and like Scott, I appreciate geting feed back on the products we make and sell. Even the posts about Zeagle problems were made with a reletively high level of courtesy.

Here are a couple comments about a few of them that might be helpful.

Today divers are fortunate to have a far greater variety of BCs to choose from than even the recent past. In some cases where divers bought Ranger BCs before, for single tank streamlined diving, they may not be the best choice for them today. That's one of the main reasons the Stiletto was designed. For others looking for higher lift and versatility the Ranger or LTD might still suit them perfectly. Obviously the popularity of BP & Ws has proven that another style of gear can be in high demand. I learned very quickly that the equipment needs of temperate to tropical divers, like us in Florida, are very different than that of the Northern and Pacific divers, and gear that works well in one place may just not fly elsewhere. (I've always found it ironic that an underwater creature as graceful a turtle has been hung with it's name being charachteristic of it's difficulty in righting itself on land. Even land tortoises are quite stable actually, not easily tipped.)

Reviews by Scubadiving Magazine for instance, have shown Zeagle regulators, (made by Zeagle since 2000), to be quite dry in all positions, yet like reviews on this thread, SM said some models were wetter than others. Since there is only one model of case, diaphragm, and exhaust valve, this can only be attributable to individual reasons... so it may be located and fixed. Possibly a malformed exhaust valve or diaphragm perforation, foreign matter, salt build up or a cracked case is actually causing the leak? (Very early models had some case cracking around the hose connection area, and silicone and heat can cause problems with sealing.)

There was a comment about Zeagle as a brand, being popular only in inland areas and with recreational divers. As the sales rep from the state with more coastline, caves and possibly wrecks than any other, I can state that this comment is completely untrue.

Thanks for the comments.

Chad

FL Zeagle Sales.

Just to add my 2 cents ( a little delayed) my Zeagle just fell apart after 15 years. It was the first BC I owned - my dad bought them for the whole family - and I nearly cried when it bit the dust. I will be buying a new BC soon, and it's looking like a Zeagle Zena.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom