Why Jeremy Anschel works for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
No, not another cheerleading post you say. But I post this not to cheerlead the dive op Living Underwater, just the DM Jeremy Anschel (who happens to own the dive op). Sure, I could go on about the fast, comfy boat with big camera tank, the fact that they handle all dive gear including wetsuits, the perfectly ripe mangos offered after the first dive before the long SI at Playa Palancar.

But it's not the dive op to me, it's the man himself. And today, it's not about his personality, his colorful tattoos, or his adopted Mexican accent. Today it was about just one particular: just after descending on the first dive at Palancar Bricks today, he found us the tiniest frogfish I've ever seen. Literally the size of a fingertip, which I can prove as soon as I get home and post the photo of it next to Jeremy's finger. So tiny, that I didn't even believe it was a frogfish until I enlarged said photo and saw the microscopic eye.

I'm impressed whenever a DM finds a frogfish. But this find was truly incredible. Maybe he already knew it was there and found it again. Or maybe he has some weird psychic connection with frogfish that allows him to home in on them. I dunno. In any case, this is my third trip diving with Jeremy and he still manages to outdo himself each time.

MMM, get yourself a magnifying glass. I've been using one since 2003-4. Always sorry when I've neglected to carry it with me. Other divers (even those with very young eyes) get quite a kick out of looking at the littlest things through my glass. Have also gifted them to DMs over the years.

Greg, can't wait to see the picture.

MMM has a magnifying glass and Jeremy carries one too and is always quick to get it out when he's pointing out miniscule stuff (which he does quite a bit).

Seriously, this critter was so small, I just had to take his word for it that it was a frogfish (he wrote that on the slate). Only when I saw the proof in my photo did I truly believe it. Even my camera's magnifying viewfinder was no help. Fortunately my camera is better at autofocusing than my eyes. I just wish I had the 105mm lens on instead of the 60mm. I'm putting it on for tomorrow in case he finds stuff even smaller.

Never dove with Jeremy but have been out with his crew and DM's. Best operator in Cozumel that we have tried, hands down. Only one that ever asked us "what could we have done to make your trip better" and I was speechless.

MMM, get yourself a magnifying glass. I've been using one since 2003-4. Always sorry when I've neglected to carry it with me. Other divers (even those with very young eyes) get quite a kick out of looking at the littlest things through my glass. Have also gifted them to DMs over the years.

Greg, can't wait to see the picture.
Second that. A glass is part of my kit, especially when I dive Colombia Shallows.

Never dove with Jeremy but have been out with his crew and DM's. Best operator in Cozumel that we have tried, hands down. Only one that ever asked us "what could we have done to make your trip better" and I was speechless.
Lunch grilled on the boat, post-dive massages by topless buxom señoritas, even bigger tanks than 120s, and a fully enclosed boat for when it rains. But I won't hold my breath waiting for those suggestions to be put into reality :)

I met Jeremy at a SB dinner when we were in Cozumel. I spent quite a bit of time talking to him, and I liked him and what he had to say a lot. If we were to go back to dive there, and for some reason couldn't book Aldora (which whom we were very pleased) Jeremy would be the next person on my list to contact.

Lunch grilled on the boat, post-dive massages by topless buxom señoritas, even bigger tanks than 120s, and a fully enclosed boat for when it rains. But I won't hold my breath waiting for those suggestions to be put into reality :)

Mossman, yes if he could have kept the price the same and provided all this, I agree that would make it better....but...somehow I would expect the cost to go up...but I might, just might, be willing to pay more for these services

Back
Top Bottom