Why...LDS...Why!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree its a shame that you didn't buy it right then. Would have liked to have read about their attempts to get the additional money out of you.

I think ALL LDSs should post their prices up front like almost every other business that I walk into around them. Put a tag on it. Why in the world should I have to ask you what the price is? Are you embarrassed by it or ashamed of the price? Just put a tag on it...yard sales do better at posting prices than any LDS I have been in. Come to think of it, the last time I saw prices, was when they had a tent sale. Then all the prices were on the bins.

Put the price tags on and there will be no doubt.

I was pricing computers at a dive shop and it was almost like shopping overseas. They were referencing books, lists and other papers and finally gave me a quote...and then promptly told me it was negotiable if I purchased 2 computers from them. I just want the price...the bottom line...the final offer.

Knavey once bubbled...

Put the price tags on and there will be no doubt.

I was pricing computers at a dive shop and it was almost like shopping overseas. They were referencing books, lists and other papers and finally gave me a quote...and then promptly told me it was negotiable if I purchased 2 computers from them. I just want the price...the bottom line...the final offer.

I have to say that many places use the price as the starting point. The final number may be quite different. Of course, if you wish to use the posted price as the final, I'm sure they won't mind. :)

My LDS pleasantly surprised me greatly today, and I didn't pay the marked price. I'll be shopping there a very long time. (Not that I won't also shop online occasionally....but my LDS went great strides to show me they care about me coming by....)

scubasean once bubbled...

I have to say that many places use the price as the starting point. The final number may be quite different. Of course, if you wish to use the posted price as the final, I'm sure they won't mind. :)

My LDS pleasantly surprised me greatly today, and I didn't pay the marked price. I'll be shopping there a very long time. (Not that I won't also shop online occasionally....but my LDS went great strides to show me they care about me coming by....)

And what exactly is the reason that they can't put the final number on a tag?

dandydon once bubbled...
:$: Just imagine - what if the price on the 'puter had been $400 - $100 less? Would you have said "No, the clerk quoted $500, so I want to pay the higher price." :$$: Kinda' doubt it.Don

At the other LDS in town, a mix-up in my AOW class almost end up with me getiing the course for price of books alone. They thought it was a mistake on their part because they were sure I'd already paid. I corrected them and told them, no I do owe the money.

No need to cheat them. They did a good job on my AOW. They earned the money... I had no problems paying what I rightfully owed.

Mistakes do happen. But I do get irritated that no one ever seems to want to own up to them. What's wrong with the clerk coming out and offering an apology? Still wouldn't get me the wrongly verbal lower price, but it sure would go a long way towards improving my attitude about the mistake.

Ive been in scuba sales for over three years and Ive sold many vyper computers to cusomers. The clerk quoted you the right price for the vyper. $499 is accurate for the vyper. $629 is accurate for buying the cobra. The manager was trying to mark up the vyper way to much, more than a 60% mark up. It was the stores management fault, not the associate, she quoted you the right price. When you work in retail, whatever the manager says is what goes.

AJ

As the manager of a computer store, I know all about pricing issues and clerk mistakes. It's a law here in FL that you must sell something for the posted price. BUT, if you don't buy it right then, and the price changes that your problem. I agree that it would have been nice if the salesperson had come out to appoligize but where I work that's my job. I am the one who has to make the decisions so I appoligize for my team Members. In most cases the customer doesn't see the teammember again on that visit unless they want to purchase something else and request that team member. (in most cases if they are complaing and I have to appoligize they don't want to speak with the same one and I help them)

Also, AJ, whatever the owner says the price is, that's what the price is. Wether it's a 60% markup from what others are selling it for or not... that's what they are charging. So the clerk did not quote the right price because the owner can make the price whatever they want. Wether you buy or not is your decision.

Jessica

SoCalAJ once bubbled...
Ive been in scuba sales for over three years and Ive sold many vyper computers to cusomers. The clerk quoted you the right price for the vyper. $499 is accurate for the vyper. $629 is accurate for buying the cobra. The manager was trying to mark up the vyper way to much, more than a 60% mark up. It was the stores management fault, not the associate, she quoted you the right price. When you work in retail, whatever the manager says is what goes.

AJ

But this DOES explain the mistake...

$499 AMERICAN DOLLARS...customer/LDS is in CANADA...manager quoted the CANADIAN DOLLAR pricing correctly.

In a way...they were both right.

Again, not everyone in this world is out there trying to rip you off.

bwerb once bubbled...

But this DOES explain the mistake...

$499 AMERICAN DOLLARS...customer/LDS is in CANADA...manager quoted the CANADIAN DOLLAR pricing correctly.

In a way...they were both right.

Again, not everyone in this world is out there trying to rip you off.

If that were the case, why would the owner withhold such a simple and understandable explaination?

Soorry fellas, but it is bait and switch, the lady offered the man a price, told him if he found an even lower price they would match it, that is, go and compare prices and come back at this $$-he came back, the quoted him a substantially higher price zeN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom