Why Not the North Hotel Zone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear John,

Of course over the years I have had several on site managers but I don't ever recall a policy of mine that forbade others staying nearby from boarding our dive boats at the Villa. Indeed, since it is a short walk from the Coral Princess and Condos Puesta Del Sol we frequently have divers board at the Villa Aldora, and some bring rental cars from way up north.

WE did have bikes there for guests of the Villa to use, but not for those staying in other places.

I have now decided that I will be buying new bikes and make them available to any of our divers staying north of the Villa, with strong combo locks, and free of charge. I have not exactly figured out how to manage that but will do so shortly.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Thank you!! Looking forward to staying and diving with you in March !!

Dear John,

Of course over the years I have had several on site managers but I don't ever recall a policy of mine that forbade others staying nearby from boarding our dive boats at the Villa. Indeed, since it is a short walk from the Coral Princess and Condos Puesta Del Sol we frequently have divers board at the Villa Aldora, and some bring rental cars from way up north.

WE did have bikes there for guests of the Villa to use, but not for those staying in other places.

I have now decided that I will be buying new bikes and make them available to any of our divers staying north of the Villa, with strong combo locks, and free of charge. I have not exactly figured out how to manage that but will do so shortly.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Dave,

it would not have been the person on site at the Villa Aldora. I asked if I could do it while making my diving arrangements via email prior to arrival, and whoever responded to that email told me only residents of Villa Aldora could board boats there.

Dear John,

That would most likely have been Greg and Kay Bielman and there must have been a serious misunderstanding. As a business man I would be VERY stupid to make such a policy. That it caused you a problem, I seriously apologize.

Dave

.... I have now decided that I will be buying new bikes and make them available to any of our divers staying north of the Villa, with strong combo locks, and free of charge.
The park that I work at has used Priority Bicycles for couple of years at $400. They stay outside 100%, rained on, soaked, sun beat, kicked over, crashed and just abused. And they just keep working. Zero rust, thick no flat tires, and no down time. Yep you can keep buying a $100 cheap warehouse shopping club bike every year to replace the broken ones, but just like dive gear you can go cheap or spend wisely. What ever bike you decide, No hand brakes / controls and both coated rims and coated chains and non-metal carry basket.

Right now I am finishing a storage palapa and have bought 10 beach cruisers, and have 10 Giant 26 speed bikes on the way through customs. I also have staff to keep them clean and lubed. May need more, where can you buy Priority bikes?

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Dave,
What a great idea! You're sure making it hard not to stay at the Villa. :)
I've done the walk down from the Coral Princess to your dock. Very easy and relaxing in the am...a bit longer after a couple hours underwater LOL. Not sure how well I could ride a bike with my (snorkeling) gear bag, but I bet I'd figure it out!
Aldora...taking over the Coz diving world one bike, dock, fast boat, coat, 120, villa...... at a time :wink:

Dear kixy1,

The bikes will all have baskets for gear. And no, this is not making it easier to stay at the Villa Aldora, actually the opposite. It is making it easier for people to enjoy the beautiful north end at other nice hotels or condos and still be able to board Aldora Dive boats up there

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Marg--

Last trip I shore dived at Blue Angel. On other trips I've shore dived from Dive Paradise and Aqua World.

Where did you go to shore dive?

I got certified at Pepe Scuba 15 years ago and have been diving with them every year. Their boats are fast and the dive masters are great. They usually have two boats (in high season) and split the divers by experience. Although I am very experienced, I sometimes go on the newbie boat for photo/video in the shallow water. Divers are encouraged to stay with the dive master but come up as they use up their air. It is not unusual for some divers to be in the water 10 minutes longer than the newbies. Abdias, the senior dive master and instructor is a great guy and excellent critter spotter. We keep coming back to the Coral Princess primarily because of Frank and his team at Pepe Scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom