Why SPG/BT over dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You carry around the most powerful computer in the world, its stuck between our ears, why not use it?

Bob,

I understand your point about what you are saying about information overload in OW. ACUC includes SAC calculations as one of its topics in AOW but you are absolutely bang on in regards to needing to have some dives under your belt first. I guess I belong to the "OW should be longer" school. Don't want to hijack the thread so 'nuff said there.

I also dropped my 'puter and went for a uwatec bottom timer, I found "battlefield calculations" an extremely well written few pages, does anyone have any other pdfs/docs regarding this they would like to share???

in my mind I see it as this ...and correct me if im wrong..to simplify the point of my bottom timer, (knowing sac rate etc) i can look at my bottom timer, see how much time has lapsed on the dive and calculate in my head/know where my spg needle will be without seeing it first.. so at minute X combined with X PSI I had planed to turn and start my ascent ....or am i way way off...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom