Why the left hand on a canister light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I recall correctly, wrapping the cord around an arm has led to a death or two. Can someone verify this?
Personally I'm not big on the idea of wrapping the cord around your arm.

Mo2vation:
It goes on the left hand so you can see to reload.

Duh.

---
Ken

73831065.6uVPMe7q.jpg
:cakefight: :rofl3: Also, having the light on my trigger hand aims the beam downwards, which avoids startling the opponent. I route the light cord OVER the long gun so, if needed, I can quickly convert to shooting right-handed. I keep the light on my left hand and use the HID beam to assist targeting. Consistency, with flexibility. :14:

'Dette

Left Brain ? Right Brain ? Right hand? Left hand? What ever... You just arn't supposed to shine your light in your buddy's eyes.
Actually I use two different lights at the same time on occation. I dive a lot of dark and low vis. conditions. If you are solo it is your choice. If you dive with a buddy they will probablly get the picture too as long as they know in advance. I fear the repercussions from Soggy for this statement but I'm ambidextrous what can I say ?

Shine on....
I wear Sunglasses most of the time :14:

SparticleBrane:
If I recall correctly, wrapping the cord around an arm has led to a death or two. Can someone verify this?
Personally I'm not big on the idea of wrapping the cord around your arm.

I believe there was a guy on a rebreather that had the light head on right arm, wrapped around arm, and *under* computer.

His breather got negative on the surface as he took it off, and he sank (but I could be mis-remembering)

limeyx:
I believe there was a guy on a rebreather that had the light head on right arm, wrapped around arm, and *under* computer.

His breather got negative on the surface as he took it off, and he sank (but I could be mis-remembering)

You're remembering correctly. The cord was trapped under a gauge and he didn't know it because of the arm wraps. He flooded his loop on the surface and couldn't ditch the 'breather and drowned when it dragged him down by the light cord. I think (?) this was in Germany about 4 years ago.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom