why the scoff and disregard for popular magazine gear reviews ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I do agree with that - they are a little more balanced. That said, I've found myself banging my head against a wall a few times, as the reviewers (esp. Mr John Bantin) seem to miss-understand some diving philosophies behind certain kit designs. Never sure if there was a skew to the article to favour certain manufacturers, or whether they just don't understand that they're trying to (badly) compare apples and oranges..

MARES PEGASUS VS HALCYON ECLIPSE - Divernet

Diving Gear - Divernet
From the looks of this article, it appears to me as if Divernet decided to use Halcyon to sell against, and set the stage with the lame recreational ideas of a diver with less than 20 dives...Given the foundation they run with, the comparison with Halcyon shows the Pegasus to be pretty smart.....too bad they missed close to 100% of the real issues...

Back
Top Bottom